Cabin Rental Agreement – Rules and Regulations – Terms of Service
You agree to the following terms when booking ANY of our rental properties.
1. ARRIVAL time is 4 pm or later ~ DEPARTURE time is 10 am or earlier. No early arrivals or late departures permitted without prior authorization. Because we need ample time to prepare the home for the next rental, late check-outs are not permitted and will be charged at a rate of $50 for each hour past 10 am (MST).
2. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Each cabin has a maximum occupancy number. Children and babies DO count towards the number of people allowed in the cabins. Guests must all sleep in beds. Floor huggers are not allowed. Tents, RV's, and campers are not allowed on the properties for extra sleeping arrangements. Please obey the maximum allowed for the cabin. If the maximum occupancy is exceeded, you may be asked to vacate the property and forfeit any rental funds.
3. MINIMUM STAY: All properties require a three (3) night minimum stay. Two night stays are considered for some properties during the off season. One night stays are NOT permitted.
4. PAYMENTS: Rates are subject to change until a reservation is confirmed. An auto summary of the total payment due for your stay is provided as part of the reservation request. The total may change based on the selection of days for weekly rates involving holidays. A confirmed total will be emailed to you once the reservation is accepted. Until a reservation is accepted and advance deposit is received to reserve a rental period, rates are subject to change without notice. Half of the rent will be charged to your credit card at the time of reservation, unless otherwise stated. Payment forms are Visa, Master Card, or Discover. Full payment or second 1/2 of the total rent amount is due 60 days prior to the check-in date. If reserving within the 60 day window, full payment is due. All payments must be made in US Funds.
5. DAMAGE INSURANCE:
a) ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE: $39 for $3000 of accidental damage coverage. As a part of your stay you will be purchasing a Vacation Rental Damage Protection plan designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $3000. Any damages that exceed $3000 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy at www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g10vrd. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Rainbow Realty, Inc. any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection. Please contact Rainbow Realty, Inc. directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
b) OR SECURITY DEPOSIT: $3000 by cashier’s check. If you do not wish to purchase the Vacation Rental Protection, a $3000 damage deposit will be required. Damage Deposit Terms: A cashier’s check payment of $3000 will be required 60 days prior to the check in date and will be refunded by a physical check, mailed to the address on file, within 7 days following check out, less the cost of repair for damage found.
6. CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur a $75 cancellation fee and will be deducted from the refunded funds. The $39 processing fee (damage insurance fee) is non-refundable and will be deducted from the refunded funds. Any other insurance policies purchased at the time of the reservation are also non-refundable and will be deducted from the refunded funds. Cancellations that are made within 60 days of the arrival date will forfeit all lodging totals paid. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. You have the option to purchase travel insurance.
7. TRAVEL INSURANCE: How many of us could afford to lose the non-refundable part of our trip if something unexpected happened? Your vacation investment is protected when you buy CSA Vacation Rental Insurance, which covers you for trip cancellation, delay, and interruption. Rainbow Realty has partnered with CSA Travel Protection to provide you with this important insurance and we highly recommend that you purchase the protection to safeguard against the unexpected. We all want the trip we’ve planned to be the vacation of our dreams. No one wants that dream to turn into a nightmare, but unexpected events can happen! Troubles can occur when you least anticipate them, illness...medical emergencies...delayed flights [snow storms] and other severe weather. Forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your vacation investment, and incur unplanned expenses. This is an optional insurance opportunity offered through CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services at 6.95% of the total rent.
8. NO SMOKING UNIT: SMOKING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN, OR WITHIN 25 FEET OF, THE RENTAL PROPERTY. All cigarette buds are to be disposed of; do NOT throw your buds on the ground this is considered littering and you will be charged. Evidence of smoking in or near the Rental Property will result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of all amounts paid, and additional cleaning fees being charged to the credit card on file.
9. PETS: PETS ARE ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED IN THE RENTAL PROPERTY UNLESS OTHERWISE APPROVED BY AGENT. There are some cabins that are designated pet friendly, but we still need to know that you will have a pet for the extra pet nightly fee. Any evidence of pets in the Rental Property may result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of all amounts paid, and additional cleaning fees being charged to the credit card on file.
10. SERVICE ANIMAL POLICY: Rainbow Realty represents privately owned vacation cabin rentals. Please honor the cabin owners’ request regarding pets on the property. While service animals are welcome at many “no pets” cabins, some cabins forbid animals of any kind. Prior to the acceptance and confirmation of reservations at which service animals will be present during the stay, whether with the renter or a guest, must follow or provide the following:
- Service animals require prior permission from the cabin homeowner,
- The renter shall provide proof the service animal is licensed as such; a certificate of current vaccinations, and a current veterinary travel/boarding certificate of health,
- In the event that the cabin is listed as “hypoallergenic”, then the renter shall be responsible for additional cleaning charges to restore the cabin to the hypoallergenic state upon their departure, leaving the cabin in the same hypoallergenic condition as in their arrival,
- The renter shall be responsible for any and all damages caused by the service animal to the cabin rented,
- The renter of the cabin shall be responsible for violations of the service animal policy and shall be subject to fees and damages, including forfeiture of all monies paid, additional $300 cleaning charge, immediate eviction from the rented cabin, and other remedies necessary under the law to restore the cabin owner and Rainbow Realty to the position equal to prior to the rental.
11. USE RESTRICTIONS: Property is not to be used for weddings, wedding receptions, parties in or around the rental property, or for gatherings beyond the maximum number of guests. Rental of this property is limited to use by family groups and to the maximum amount of people allowed. Do not rent multiple cabins and gather at one location for meals or activities. Primary Tenant must be at least 25 years old. Agent may require proof of Primary Tenants’ age as demonstrated by a valid driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo identification. If Agent discovers that the Primary Tenant fails to meet this minimum age requirement, Agent may immediately evict all Tenants and the guests of any Tenant, and all payments made by any Primary Tenant will be immediately forfeited. The person(s) signing the contract must be present during the rental period.
12. EXCESSIVE NOISE - FIREWORKS: The Rental Property is located in a quiet residential neighborhood. Quiet time is from 10 pm until 8 am, or as may otherwise be required by the rules of the homeowner association (if any). Tenants agree not to undertake any activities that interfere with their neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their property. Tenants agree to fully comply with local noise regulations and to use common sense in keeping noise volume low after dark especially at the outside fire pit. Fireworks are not allowed at the Rental Property. This is a fire hazard and against most homeowner association and subdivision rules. Any enforcement actions by local law enforcement and/or homeowners association are the Tenants’ sole risk and expense and may result in additional charges or immediate eviction without refund of any deposits or rents.
13. ARRIVAL CONDITION: The home is inspected for cleanliness before your arrival. Please report anything that is not in acceptable condition within one hour of your arrival. Anything not reported in that time frame will be deemed acceptable.
14. DEPARTURE CONDITION: Prior to leaving the cabin the renter will follow the posted checkout procedures. These can be found on the refrigerator, board, or 3 ring binder at the cabin. Dishes must be placed in the dishwasher and started. All used towels need to be placed by the laundry facilities. All beds need to be stripped of used linens and place by the laundry facilities. All blankets and pillows need to be folded and placed on the bed and extra’s need to be put back where you found them. Heat turned down to 50 degrees in the winter or off completely in the summer. All lights turned off and all windows and doors locked. Garbage needs to be removed and placed in designated location.
15. The following CONDITIONS MUST BE MET: Any conditions not met and not covered under the accidental damage insurance will be deducted from the security deposit, charged to the credit card on file or billed to the primary tenant.
a. No items are missing and no damage is done to the home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. –actual damage
b. No costs are incurred due to collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. –actual damages
c. Dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher and started. -$30
d. All food is removed from the refrigerator and cabinets and disposed of. Unopened, non-perishable, sealed food items and paper products may be left if so desired. -$30
e. All trash and debris are placed in designated trash receptacles. Please do not leave trash sitting around the home. -$30
f. *If applicable to the home* Gate key card is returned and hanging inside the cabin (should be two). -$300 per card
g. All used towels and washcloths are left by the laundry facilities. If no laundry facility in the cabin then all used towels and washcloths to be placed in the kitchen area. -$30
h. All beds used must be stripped of all linens (top and bottom sheets) to be placed by laundry facilities. If no laundry facility in the cabin then all used linens to be placed in the kitchen area. Pillows and blankets to be folded and placed on bed or put away where you found them. -$30
i. Please do not rearrange the furniture. -$50
j. Fines for HOA violations. -actual damage
k. Unapproved late check-out -$50 per hour after 10am (MST)
l. *If applicable to the home* Hot tub left discolored due to excessive use without showering or following procedures. -$300
m. *If applicable to the home* Private boat dock is damaged during your stay. -actual damages
n. Pet violations –actual additional cleaning cost, possible eviction
o. Smoking violations –actual damages with a $300 minimum charge
p. Cigarette butts -$100 (Do not litter)
q. Items left behind that need shipped back to renter. -actual shipping costs with a $25 minimum charge
r. Illegal activity -actual damages with a $300 minimum charge
s. The renter is evicted by the owner, Agent, or the local law enforcement -$500 and no refund of rent paid
16. ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLETTING: Renter will not assign this agreement or sublet any portion of the property.
17. INCLUSIVE FEES: Rates include a one-time linen and towel setup. The cabin will have fresh linens on the beds and towels for the guest. The cabin will be furnished with an initial supply of paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, and dishwasher detergent. All additional sundry supplies are the responsibility of the renter. Other incidental sundries may be at the unit, but are not promised or guaranteed. All cabins will have a stocked kitchen to cook private meals; place setting for maximum guests, basic pots and pans, cooking utensils, and silverware. Firewood and Charcoal for grills and outside fire pits are not provided.
18. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE: Linens and bath towels are included in the unit but daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. If the cabin has laundry facilities you may use it to wash and freshen up the cabin laundry.
19. GARBAGE SERVICE: There is no city or county garbage pickup service in Island Park. You will find specific instructions on what to do with the garbage posted in the checkout procedures posted on the refrigerator, cabin board, or 3 ring binder. Please follow the checkout procedures. Do NOT take the garbage cans out to the streets.
20. MAINTENANCE AND DAMAGE: We strive to ensure that all facilities are in good repair and everything is in working order, however, there may be an occasion when an amenity is unavailable, is out of order, or breaks down during occupancy. We will do our best to make repairs or replacements, but if neither is reasonably possible due to time or availability of parts or service, we cannot guarantee these items and will not make refunds based on malfunctions or circumstances beyond our control.
21. *If applicable to the home* HOT TUB Usage: If the cabin that you are renting has a hot tub, you acknowledge all liability and damage upon booking this reservation. Guests use the hot tub at their own risk. Make sure you let the others in your party know the rules and regulations. You should check the hot tub upon arrival to make sure it is clean and in working order. Let us know immediately if there is a problem. The hot tub is not a bathtub. Please shower prior to entering; this limits the detergents and oils on your skin from getting in the water. Dirt, sand, and gravel are impossible to remove without draining the hot tub! This will result in an extra charge to you if this happens. Use swimming suits only. Swimming suits need to be detergent free. No food or drink shall be allowed in the hot tub. No infants shall be allowed in the hot tub; children sixteen (16) years of age and younger shall be accompanied by an adult while in the hot tub. All individuals, including pregnant women and/or those under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs shall use the hot tub at their own risk. Always replace the cover after each use of the hot tub. If water level becomes low, you should refill it to one inch above the highest jet. Please disconnect the hose from the outside water hydrant to prevent any pipes freezing. Do not turn the hot tub off or set the temperature below 90 degrees or above 104 degrees. If the hot tub needs to be drained after your stay, there is a $300 charge.
22. *If applicable to the home* PRIVATE DOCK Usage: If the cabin that you are renting has a private boat dock or is waterfront, you acknowledge all liability and damage upon booking this reservation. Guests use the private boat dock and water’s edge at their own risk. No running or horse play allowed on the dock or water’s edge. No food or beverage on the dock. Do not liter in the water. All children under the age of 18 years old will wear life vests and be supervised by an adult. All individuals, including pregnant women and/or those under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs shall use the boat dock at their own risk. The homeowner does not provide life vests for the guests. Rainbow Realty and the homeowner's do NOT guarantee the water level of the Island Park Reservoir or Henry's Lake during your stay. The dock may or may not be usable depending on the water level.
23. OUTSIDE FIRES: All outside fires must be in the designated fire pit container. If the cabin does not have a fire pit, do NOT create one. Make sure that all fires are out prior to leaving the property or going inside the cabin. Do not leave the fire unattended and make sure that you have ample water to put the fire out. Do not use the fire pit when conditions are hazardous (windy or dry). Please make sure that you check with the Island Park Ranger Station (208-558-7301) to check fire conditions. Please read the Open Burning Ordinance that Fremont County has in place. You will find this in each binder at the cabins. You will be financially responsible for any run-away fires.
24. PARKING: The Rental Property may be subject to parking rules, regulations or policies as adopted and/or enforced by local government agencies or the homeowners association (if any). Tenant is expected to be aware of, and fully comply with, such parking rules, regulations or policies. All vehicles, towing trailers, boats, snowmobiles, and ATV’s must be parked on the cabin property. Do not park on the side of the road and do not block any accesses. If you do not have enough room, please let us know and we will find an appropriate place for the extra parking.
25. ATV, DIRT BIKE, AND SNOWMOBILE User: Please obey the 10 mile per hour speed zone through all subdivisions. Not all subdivisions in Island Park allow ATV and snowmobile travel on their roads. Do not create trails through the property or neighbor’s property, stay on the road or Fremont County approved trail system. Do not ride on the county plowed roads unless it states “Dual Use”, you will get a ticket. ATV’s, dirt bikes, and snowmobiles are fun to use, but not a babysitting tool for your children. Please do not let your children ride unattended or unsupervised; fast speeds, doughnuts, and excessive dust are not acceptable and you may be charged for any damage created to the roads or property. Legal age of riding such motorized vehicles is 16 years old. Please make sure helmets and proper safety gear is being used by all people in your group. Idaho stickers can be purchased at any of the local gas stations in Island Park.
26. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS: no refunds will be given for storms. If your vacation is during the winter months, please come prepared to drive in snow and/or ice to reach your rental property. We do not refund due to road conditions.
27. WINTER CONDITIONS: Tenants are notified that this home is in a mountain location where winter conditions may apply. Walkways, driveways, sidewalks, stairs, etc. may be slippery due to ice and snow. These areas may be slippery even when they do not appear to be. It is advised that caution be used. Please step carefully on all outdoor surfaces. It is further advised that shoes be removed upon entering the home as wet or icy soles can cause slippery conditions on tile or wood floors inside the home.
28. WEATHER: We cannot control the weather and the storm systems. Our temperatures range from 40 degrees to 90 degrees in the summer and 30 degrees below zero to 40 degrees in the winter. We try to keep the driveways plowed and decks shoveled before each renter, but sometimes the storms do surprise us. Idaho State plows Hwy 20 first and Fremont County plows the side county main roads. Each subdivision has a private snow removal company on contract and they will plow the roads per their contract with the homeowners. Private snowplows cannot plow out the driveway if there are vehicles and trailers parked in the way. You will be responsible for any damage to the snowplow if items are left in the snow that can cause damage. None of the cabins have air-conditioners. Ceiling fans and windows open at night will help cool the cabins down during the day in the summer.
29. INDEMNIFICATION: Owners/Managers are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities unless such damage is the legal result of negligence or willful misconduct by the owner/manager. Owners/Managers are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the renter or their guests. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all renters/guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Renter shall indemnify and hold harmless the property owner, Rainbow Realty, or representatives of the property owner from all damages, injuries, claims, costs and expenses related to acts, events or omissions occurring in, on or about the property, or arising out of or in any way related to renter’s use or occupancy of the property, renter’s breach of any term of this Lease, or any work, activity or thing done, permitted or suffered by renter in, on or about the property. Renter accepts all responsibility when using a hot tub, fire pit, private dock, and waterfront cabins at their own risk. Renter accepts all responsibility to damage caused to the homeowners property during their stay.
30. ENTRY, INSPECTION, OR EVICTION: Owner/Manager will have the right to enter the premises (a) in case of an emergency, (b) to make necessary or agreed repairs, alterations, improvements, supply necessary or agreed services, show the premises to prospective or actual buyers, tenants, workers or contractors, (c) when renter has abandoned or left the premises or (d) when eviction is necessary due to breach of contract.
In the case of (b), entry may only be made during normal business hours and with prior notice to the renter.
In the case (d), ALL tenants and guests of tenants must vacate the rental property within 60 minutes of the agent’s arrival to notify of eviction. If tenant or guests are present when agent arrives, up to 60 minutes will be allotted to immediately remove all personal property and exit the rental property. If tenant or guests are not present or personal property is not removed within 60 minutes, the agent will photograph, inventory and store said property. Charges in excess of the eviction fee may apply if items are required to be removed by the agent. The primary tenant must claim any stored personal property within 30 days. If not claimed, the personal property will be sold or donated.
31. NO ILLEGAL ACTS: Renter will comply with all statutes, ordinances, and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities and all HOA rules and regulations regarding the use of the property. The rental property shall be treated with respect and consideration. Please be aware that some neighbors to this home are renters and some are permanent residents. We ask that the peace and privacy of any of the neighbors to this home be respected at all times. Any violations of the above stated policy could result in eviction from the premises without notice and without refund of any deposits or renters. Any evidence of illegal activity will result in a minimum $300 fine.
32. WAIVER: Failure of Owner/Manager to enforce any provision of this agreement will not be deemed a waiver.
33. LEAGAL: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Idaho. In any action or proceeding involving a dispute between owner and renter arising from this agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred.
34. CREDIT CARD: Any Tenant or intended Tenant who provides any credit card information to Rainbow Rentals, Inc, is doing so as a guarantee of payment of all or any portion of the Rental Fees and each such Tenant accepts all terms of this Agreement and accepts complete liability for the payment of any Rental Fees (including, without limitation, any costs, fees, expenses, charges or penalties related to the rental, occupancy and/or use of the Rental Property as set forth in this Agreement), as well as any damage (not covered under the accidental damage policy) during any Tenant’s occupancy and use of the Rental Property. Each Tenant providing his or her credit card understands that these Rental Fees will be charged to their credit card and hereby authorizes Agent to charge their credit card for payment of any such Rental Fees.
35. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: The foregoing constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and may be modified only in writing and signed by all parties. Each section, subsection or paragraph of this Agreement shall be deemed severable. If for any reason any portion of this Agreement is unenforceable, that portion shall not affect the applicability or validity or any other portion of this Agreement. This agreement and any modifications, including photocopies or facsimiles, may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which will be deemed an original and all of which taken together will constitute one and the same instrument. If there is more than one renter, all renters are jointly and severally liable under this rental agreement.
By placing a reservation, ALL terms and conditions of this agreement are deemed accepted and receipt of the information herein acknowledged.
Contact Collette Wilkes or Vylinda Stark at Rainbow Realty to book your vacation cabin rental.
Collette Wilkes or Vylinda Stark